The Best Cold Home Remedy: A Nice, Steaming Cup of… Orange Juice?
Some of the best cures for common ailments like colds or headaches are surprising and strange combinations of easy-to-find foods.
Raisins soaked in gin have been known to relieve arthritis symptoms, and a mix of cow dung and molasses supposedly reduces migraine pain. Yes, cow dung.
A common trick to relieving cold symptoms and clearing up sinuses, especially in Latin countries, is a steaming hot cup of orange juice and other spices.
Hot Orange Juice Recipe for Colds
- Orange Juice
- Herbal Tea
- Honey or Sugar
- Orange Slices
- To make this magical tea, boil water and prepare a teabag. Herbal tea is best for this drink. I like to use chamomile!
- Microwave about a cup or so of orange juice until warm.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the orange slices.
- Stir the orange juice.
- When the water boils, fill a mug with the teabag about halfway or a little more.
- Pour the orange juice mixture into the tea, let steep for about two minutes, and enjoy!
Ginger, Cinnamon, and Cloves
- Reduce nausea
- Alleviate symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce cholesterol
- Improve brain function
You May Also Like…
Need quick knee relief while you’re on the go? Try the Ultra Knee Elite today.
2,000+ five star reviews.
Relieves your knee pain or your money back (90-day guarantee).