Top 7 Exercises For Getting Rid Of Knee Pain Fast
Whether you injured your knee from exercise or just slept on it wrong, knee pain can put a wrench in your daily plans. Luckily, the best (and fastest) way to get rid of knee pain is to stretch and exercise your joints.
Here are a few easy exercises that can alleviate knee pain fast.
1. Calf Stretch
- Place hands in front of the wall. Then, with your back leg straight, bend the forward leg.
- Keep your back leg straight (with the bottom of your heel placed firmly on the ground).
- Push against the front wall.
- Hold pose for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Repeat on the other leg.
2. Hamstring Stretch
- Straighten both legs, and then raise one leg off the floor.
- Place your hands below your knee and behind your thigh. Then, pull your knee toward your chest. The hamstring stretch should relax the tight muscles around your knee.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
3. Figure Four Stretch
- Cross your left foot over the opposing quad, and then bend your right knee.
- Hold the back of your left leg and slowly pull toward your chest until you feel a slight stretch.
- Hold position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Switch sides.
4. Side Lunge
- Lunge to one side by bending one knee and holding the opposite leg straight.
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat.
- Lay on your side
- Bend your knees toward your chest, and make sure to keep your back straight and align your feet with your body.
- While still keeping your feet together, raise your top knee. Make sure to keep your hips straight so you don't roll forward.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds. Once finished, lower your knee.
- Do stretch on the opposite knee.
6. Foam Roller
7. Dynamic and Static Fire Hydrant
- Place hands on a wall for balance.
- Stand on one leg. Then, move your free leg out and back at a 45-degree angle. Remember to keep your hips level.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat stretch five times.